Camper Friendly Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes- Try This At Home!
Again this recipe was very popular. Simple ingredients and quick to do.
Recipe and how to put it all together, detailed below. Children from the ages of 7 to 14 made this treat.
Best of Luck!
Lemon drizzle cupcakes
Makes 8 muffins or 10-12 cupcakes Ingredients
110g caster sugar
175g self raising flour (or plain flour plus 1 teaspoon baking powder)
3 tablespoons of milk 1 lemon (juice and zest)
2 tablespoons icing sugar
2 tablespoons caster sugar
– Preheat oven to 160 fan/gas 4.
– Cream butter and sugar.
– Add the eggs 1 at a time adding a teaspoon of flour and mixing well after each egg. Add the rest of the flour, the zest and the milk and mix to combine.
– Stop mixing as soon as all the ingredients have been incorporated into a smooth batter.
– Using 2 teaspoons spoons dollop the mixture into paper cases in a muffin tray trying to keep them all equally filled so they bake evenly.
– Bake for about 15 minutes or until the top of the cupcake feels springy when lightly pressed.
– While the cakes are baking make a glace drizzle icing by mixing 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar. If it is too stiff add extra juice a drop at a time.
– Warm the rest of the juice gently with the 2 tablespoons of caster sugar to make a warm lemon syrup.
– Brush the hot syrup onto the cakes while they are still warm so it soaks in.
– After the cakes are fully cool, drizzle on the glace icing and leave to set.
Any questions let us know.
Life Skills Academy
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org